Faculty Support and Exchange Activities, 2010-2011
- Bill Easter - $1549 to pay for travel costs to Italy to work on new research on water markets (with Cesare Dosi) and to meet with University of Padova faculty and graduate students to discuss future possibilities for collaboration. June, 2011.
- Laura Kalambokidis - $1500 to pay for part of the costs of a trip to Sweden to present a paper at the 2010 Congress of the International Institute of Public Finance. August 2010.
Student Support, 2010-2011
- Sasiwooth Wongmonta - $1720 to pay for the costs of purchasing 10 household survey data sets from the National Statistical Office of Thailand.
- Rodrigo Lovaton - $1000 to help pay for travel costs to Peru to do preliminary work on Ph.D. research on gender issues and on anchovy fishing. Summer of 2011.
- Suhyun Jung - $2000 to pay for travel costs to Brazil to conduct preliminary field research on an initiative by Cargill and The Nature Conservancy to develop “forest friendly” soybean production. June, 2010.
- Perrier Fouelefack - $900 to pay for part of the travel cost to Minnesota for this graduate students (at Paris School of Economics) to work with Paul Glewwe. Summer of 2010.
back to top
Faculty Support and Exchange Activities, 2009-2010
- Steve Taff - $1000 to pay for part of the costs of a trip to Italy, in order to discuss with Paola Gatto the joint Minnesota-Italy conference in Minnesota that is planned for August of 2010.
- Doug Tiffany - $1000 to pay for part of the costs of a trip to Italy, in order to participate in a workshop and discuss with Paola Gatto the joint Minnesota-Italy conference in Minnesota that is planned for August of 2010.
- Paul Glewwe - $3997 to pay for travel costs to Rwanda to initiate research on the impact of the Urewego Opportunity Bank’s microfinance programs. March, 2010.
- Student Support, 2009-2010
- Katie Genedak - $1050 to pay for part of the travel costs of presenting a paper at the International Association for Time Use Research meetings in Paris, France. July, 2010.
- Alison Sexton - $500 to obtain The Chain Store Data to conduct research on the impact of nutritional labeling on restaurant customers’ choices of foods.
- Uttam Sharma - $2500 to pay for travel costs to Nepal to work on research project on the impact of providing laptop computers to students in Nepal.
- Cristina Vinyes - $1650 to pay for the costs of presenting research results at a conference in Spain.
back to top
Faculty Support and Exchange Activities, 2008-2009
- $9,907 grant awarded to Ben Senauer to support the preparation of a larger proposal on the U.S. National School Lunch Program, to be submitted to University of Minnesota’s Presidential Initiative on Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives.
- Kent Olson - $2500 to pay for travel costs of working with coauthors in the Netherlands and Sweden on two books, one on European agricultural policy and another on farmers’ decision making, October, 2008.
- Herman van Schalkwyk and Izak Groenewal, of the University of the Free State, visited here in June of 2008 to work with Claudia Parliament and other faculty in our department, and to hold discussions with administrators in CFANS. CIFAP contributed $863.31 towards their travel costs.
Student Support, 2008-2009
- Misty Heggenness - $1,500 to pay for travel costs to collect data and meet with government officials and academics in Chile, for her Ph.D. thesis, June, 2009.
- Phatta Kirdruang - $1266 to pay for travel costs to collect data and meet with government officials in Thailand, for her Ph.D. thesis research, August 2008.
- Meng Konishi (Zhao) - $437 to return to Minnesota to present at Trade and Development seminar, October 31, 2008.
back to top
Faculty Support and Exchange Activities, 2007-2008
- Travel support for Laura Kalambokidis to present a paper at the International Institute for Public Finance, U of Warwick, UK ($2000)
- Glenn Pederson received a $10,000 micro-grant for project, "Evaluating the economic burden of diseases"
- Funded Ariel Dinar's travel expenses to Minnesota to give 2 class lectures (APEC 5651 and APEC 5991) Nov. 27-28, 2007 ($663)
- Funded space-reservation deposit at the McNamara Alumni Center, site for Paul Glewwe's 2009 Midwest International Economic Development Conference ($1500)
- Travel funding for Bill Easter to present invited paper at the Conference on Sustainable Irrigation held in Alicente, Spain June 11-13, 2008 ($3000)
- Qiuqiong Huang received a $10,000 micro-grant for project, "Water resource management in northern China" (support is for RA in analyzing survey data)
Student Support, 2007-2008
- Granted Omar Da’ar financial support for living expenses while he works on an internship at the World Trade Organization June-Aug 2008 ($2500)
- Travel support for Ph.D. student Eugenie Maiga to collect thesis data in Burkina Faso in June 2008 ($2975)
- Travel support for Ph.D. student Kshama Harpankar to present at AEA ann conf at Royal Ag College Cirencester, UK ($700)
back to top
Faculty Support and Exchange Activities, 2006-2007
- Travel support ($1,500 each) for Vernon Eidman, Terry Hurley, Ben Senauer, Terry roe, Rodney Smith, Bill Gartner and Phil Pardey to attend the 2006 IAAE Conference in Australia
- Travel support ($700) for Glenn Pederson to attend the Tropical Food Chains Conferrence at Wageningen University, Netherlands
- CIFAP granted $7,000 to support a symposium on trade and agriculture held May 2007 honoring the retirement of G. Edward Schuh
- QQ Huang received a $10,000 grant to support joint research with the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Jeff Apland received a $10,000 grant to support a project on “A Minnesota Agricultural Sector Model for the Economic Analysis of Environmental and Energy Problems”
- CIFAP supported the 10th U.S.-Italy Joint Conference on Agriculture, Trade and the Environment held in Duluth, Minnesota in August, 2006 ($30,000)
- CIFAP funded the 2006 Minnesota International Economic Development Conference held at the University McNamara Alumni Center ($10,000)
- Travel support for Harald von Witzke to attend IATRC in July 2006 ($500)
back to top
Student Support, 2006-2007
- Granted $600 to Ph.D. student NaiChia Li to cover data collection expenses for thesis research
- Approved travel grant for Ph.D. student Rachael Dettmann to conduct research at the University of Padova, Italy ($3,300)
- Granted a dissertation research travel grant to Ph.D. student Kenji Adachi for work in Japan ($2,500)
- Provided funds for travel expenses for Ph.D. student Meng Zhao to present paper at the ITRAC Conference in Beijing, China ($1,200)
- Gratned travel funding for data collection in China on forest tenure to Ph.D. student Haochi Zheng ($1,300)
- Approved travel funding to Ph.D. student Qihui Chen to conduct survey of children and families in China ($1,420)
- Travel support ($1500 each) for Ph.D. students Amy Damon and Shefali Mehta to present papers at the IAAE Conference in Australia in August 2006
- Travel support for Ph.D. student Diego Bonta to conduct research in Ethiopia in August 2006 (research now in Uganda; postponed until January 2007) ($2000)
- Travel support for Ph.D. student Yoshifumi Konishi to travel to Kyoto Conference, July 3-7, 2006 ($1500)
Faculty and student support, 2005-2006 (PDF, 7.67 kB)
Faculty and student support, 2004-2005 (PDF, 9.79 kB)